Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit my feedback?
Each project on Let’s Talk Houston is unique. Visit the project page that you are interested in and submit your feedback via the online discussion forums, quick polls, forms and surveys for each of the projects currently open for consultation.
To participate for the first time, simply:
- Sign up for Let’s Talk Houston by clicking on the "Sign In" button or the “Register” button in the top right of any page
- Choose a username and password
- Complete a few quite questions about you
- You will receive an email to validate your email address
- Return to the website and click the "Sign In" button
Why do I need to register to this site to make a comment?
While registration is not required to access Let’s Talk Houston, it is necessary for many of the more interactive engagement opportunities. We ask you to register to the website for a few reasons.
- It helps ensure that a broader set of perspectives have an opportunity to be represented by attributing feedback and frequency of feedback to individuals.
- It promotes accountability and encourages people to provide more thoughtful responses because feedback can be attributed to them.
- It also means that we can let you know any news if something major changes about the consultation.
Can I use this site anonymously?
Yes, you can use this website anonymously. Even when you register and post comments, your anonymity is protected because you are identified by your chosen screen name.
What happens to my feedback/comments?
All comments, ideas and suggestions are collated and used by the relevant project teams to inform the development of strategies, programs and activities, or to gain an insight into community views and opinions.
Often, feedback provided online is used in conjunction with other face-to-face activities such as meetings, open houses or other events. When a survey, poll or discussion closes, all contributions are compiled and considered by staff as decisions are made. All feedback provided will be considered; however, this does not mean that every suggestion will affect the project or be adopted as proposed. All comments you make through this website will become public records for anyone to read.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes! Your privacy is absolutely protected and the city will only use your email to contact you with updates and to invite you to participate in discussions.
Who can I contact about Let’s Talk Houston?
Let’s Talk Houston is coordinated by the City of Houston Planning and Development Department. If you have any questions about content or an engagement process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question regarding a specific project currently open for discussion, please contact the relevant project manager. Their contact details can be found in the "Who's listening" section for each project.